SHARKWATER

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

...sometimes it rains

Bull Durham is one of my favorite baseball movies:
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.
Rainouts are never fun. You go all the way to the ballpark, wait around for a while, and eventually they tell you there's no game. Now, I'm lucky that the ballpark isn't all that far from my home, and my season tickets are under the cover of the upper deck, so at least I get to wait where it's dry. And you can still have a hot dog and a beer before you go home (public transit is a wonderful thing).

But there is definitely a sense of incompletion. On the other hand, you get to come back for the makeup game, so there's something to look forward to. And with any luck, the makeup is scheduled for a time of year with better weather.

No comments: