SHARKWATER

Friday, August 29, 2008

A Killer Start for a Trip

Heading off to Boulder for the weekend, flying Southwest Airlines, and for the first time, I get to ride on one of their specially-painted planes:

It's kinda cool. The inside is heavily decorated with SeaWorld advertising, too. Like all the overhead compartment doors are blue and watery looking, with either a SeaWorld logo or a picture of Shamu in action.

But this is the one I really want to fly on. I have no idea who sponsored it (or whether anyone did; they seem to have them for many states).

One of the things I appreciate about Southwest is their sense of whimsy. It's just more fun to fly with them (although I do miss the comical safety briefings they used to do...I assume the FAA decided it wasn't safe enough).

No comments: