SHARKWATER

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Fish Story

I've been avoiding political issues in my blog, but this is just too much. A fish.

Apparently a German newspaper asked the president of the United States of America what the best moment of his more-than-five years in office was. He came up with an answer I could not have imagined:
"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.
No, really. He caught a fish. In his own, private, stocked-with-fish lake.

It just boggles the mind. He said some other fairly embarrassing things there, too. Like he can understand why the German people are opposed to war, what with having been "thrown into complete disarray" by a "horrible war" themselves. Apparently they aren't on board with the easy, fun wars of today yet. Go figure. Or....

No comments: