SHARKWATER

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Post-Opening Day

Losing on Opening Day is not fun. At least I don't take it as seriously as some:

...but it isn't the end of the world. Now, if the Giants don't tag Shawn Estes for five earned runs, I'll go down to the pound and light a homeless animal on fire.

I used to take the winning and losing thing a lot more seriously. I've got a bit more perspective now, I suppose. Or maybe I just won't let myself get as caught up as I was in 2002, when I really thought my team was going to win the World Series.

I try to keep some sense of balance.

I try.

Really.

*sigh* There's always tomorrow. Or today, as it turns out. One great thing about baseball is that they play almost every day. So it's easier to shake off a loss, and maybe easier to build on a win.

No comments: