SHARKWATER

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Redemption and Initiation

Did I mention that one of the good things about baseball is that they play almost every day, so you can shake off a bad loss with a good game the next day? [Ah...yes, I did!]

Well, the Giants did just that today, coming back from the late-night debacle with a nice afternoon drubbing of their own, beating the Braves 12-6. After the rain delay and late night, it was a mostly sunny, bright afternoon, a perfect setting for a baseball game.

And I wasn't there.

Because some things are more important than baseball, like my daughter's dance class performance. After watching highly-paid professional athletes and drinking a cup of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for which I paid $8.25 last night, it was darned refreshing to watch a group of 4- and 5-year-old kids having a wonderful time performing for us. May not have had the same degree of polish, but the joy in both the performers and the viewers was very genuine.

There will be another ballgame tomorrow, but there will never be another performance like the one I saw today.

2 comments:

starbender said...

Awww, what a great daddy U are! There are some out there that would have gone 2 the game! Good 4 U!
:)

Chard said...

Well, I did notice that I was the only dad in attendance. To be fair, at least a couple of the kids in the class don't have dads, and in at least one case, both of their moms were present.